The Earth is in ruins and controlled by aliens. Overrun by an army of mechanical monsters, man-kinds only hope comes in the form of an android resistance fighter, YoRHa N0.2 Type B… a combat machine who deals out death in style.
- A huge, absorbing open-world RPG.
- Combat is challenging and stimulating, with a range of impressive moves at your disposal.
- Upgradable weapons that unlock even more special moves and combos.
- Power-ups scattered around the game world introduce more abilities and upgrades.
- Graphically chic, featuring stunning environments and immense robot bosses.
- Multiple camera angles present new ways of playing the game, from top-down open world, side platformer and scrolling shoot-’em-up.
- Good variety of robot enemies to encounter.
- Compelling storyline full of emotional twists.
- Plenty of interesting side missions to involve yourself with.
- Huge variety of locations to explore in the broken Earth, from shattered cities to sweeping deserts.
- Multiple game endings encourages several playthroughs.
- The graphics can border on gloomy – the monochrome palette doesn’t help matters.
- Gimmicky gameplay can wear thin at times.
- The changing game perspective can be a little confusing and regularly occurs without warning.
The quality here really shines through, a game with a unique personality of its own. One of the most unusual and compelling action RPGs in recent memory.