A spiritual successor to the 1999 cult RPG Planescape Torment, this text-heavy Kickstarter funded game sets out to prove the pen is indeed mightier than the sword…
- Very much a cerebral affair. A game that relies on the decisions you make, rather than how mighty you are.
- A rich environment to explore, one that is both complex and well thought out.
- Detailed back-stories for every character you encounter.
- The choices you make define your personality and how you interact with the world.
- Plenty of side quests to involve yourself in.
- The option to take a non-violent strategy is encouraged and a breath of fresh air.
- A confusing plot, and it takes time to get your head around the premises.
- Aside from choosing your characters gender, there is no customisation options.
- There is A LOT of reading involved.
- Graphically lacking – especially compared to other RPG releases of its ilk.
- The top-down perspective means you never feel close to the game and consequently feel slightly detached from the action.
- Some of the encounter battles are too one-sided against you, although often you can talk your way out of them.
A clunky game, this is obviously a labour of love, but the overly confusing storyline will put many people off. A diamond in the rough, in need of much more polish.