Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4 / XB1 / PC)
Games don’t come much bigger than this… years in the making, it is hard to say which is more jaw-dropping – the multi-million pound development budget or the seemingly endless hype that has been surrounding it since it was first announced. Red Dead Redemption 2 is gaming’s equivalent of a blockbuster movie. This is a Western blockbuster in an epic scale…
- With a 60-odd hour story to play through, there is certainly more than enough to keep you occupied here.
- Fans of the original and the GTA series will feel instantly at home in the open-world environment, packed full of missions and characters to discover.
- Hands-down one of the most visually perfect games this generation of consoles can offer.
- How you play the game is up to you, with the in-game honour system shaping the morals of your character by the decisions you make.
- A little slow to begin with, but the action soon picks up after the first hour or so.
- It can be a pain having to continually eat food and feed your horse to keep health and stamina up. Remember; once your horse is dead, it stays dead.
The greatest video game ever? Every aspect of this game is an accomplishment. Absolutely stunning in all respects. If there is only one title on your Christmas list this year, make sure it is this one.